Saturday 26 November 2011

Unofficial Six Sentence Sunday

Here's a sneak peek at one of my Works in Progress . . . please let me know what you think.


I traced my finger over the stunning drawing and swore I felt an electric jolt. “Yes, I’d like this one please.” And before I knew what was happening I was being ushered to a big black chair that I swore looked like a cross between a barber chair and a medieval torture device. I divested myself of my suit jacket and laid it on top of my briefcase, then I removed my starched white dress shirt, carefully placing my custom cufflinks in my jacket pocket before removing my undershirt and presenting my back to the ever-smiling tattoo artist. I found myself talking about my life with the man who seemed to exude an encouraging air and before I knew it, I had a completed piece permanently etched on my skin. After I inspected the finished product in the mirror and the still smiling artist wrapped me up I pulled back on my undershirt but decided the weather was warm enough to forego risking ruining my jacket and shirt by putting them back on.

2 comments:

gemma parkes said...

This is a great snippet and definitely makes me want to read more! I think there maybe something strange about that tattoo...

LunaEllaAldora said...

I want to know more about that tattoo and more about the man who offered himself up for it. It has a feel of symbolic initiation to me.

~Luna